Learning & Development (L&D) Project Manager
The L&D Project Manager is responsible for consulting with stakeholders to manage L&D projects, partnering with external vendor partners as needed, and designing and developing learning solutions that meet and/or accelerate business objectives.
The L&D Project Manager serves as a thought partner supporting customers and areas of the business to bring solutions and ideas around training and development and is responsible for leading (or partnering with others) to provide project design, planning, oversight, and implementation for learning & development projects.
This can be a remote position for the right situation. Travel up to 30% of the time may be required.
- Partner with our sales team and customers to understand business goals and objectives, determine related learning needs, and recommend learning solutions
- Partner with our recruiting team to secure required L&D resources and business SMEs
- Develop project communication management plans
- Define project sub-team roles and responsibilities
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) by which to measure project success
- Management of multiple small-to large-scale L&D projects, with varying timelines and deliverables, throughout the entire project lifecycle, from scoping, planning and analysis through implementing and measuring business impact.
- Create and/or manage project/work plans and schedules
- Monitor and control projects including the maintenance of accurate project documentation and ensure any changes to scope are documented and approved including scope changes that may impact the project budget.
- Function as an expert in a variety of learning methodologies that help drive execution with the customer through compelling, innovative, impactful and effective solutions
- Maintain strong relations to ensure that L&D processes and practices are in alignment with the organization
- Establish bench-marks of best practices and apply lessons learned to the management of customer programs
- Analyze and assess project statuses, as well as achievement of customers’ goals and objectives
- Monitor, measure and evaluate program effectiveness ensuring that learning solutions are generating the intended outcomes
- Plan and monitor budget allocation, invoicing, and outsourcing fees and expenses
- Ensure deliverables are met on time, on target, and on purpose
- Collaborate with learning leaders, business partners and the greater project team to implement projects that support our customers’ goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Development or related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or similar certification) is desirable
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience supporting enterprise wide learning implementations
- 3-5 years Learning and Development experience
- Experience in managing projects and initiatives globally is preferred
- Experience in a service-based industry is preferred
- Ability to translate strategic goals of customers into appropriate L&D programs, and to meet and manage the changing priorities of the customers.
- Solid influencing, negotiation and coordination skills with the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with leaders, peers, subordinates and other members of management
- Independent thinker who can create processes and procedures when needed
- Experience interfacing with client groups
- Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Possess exceptional judgment skills
- Strong computer skills
- Highly results-driven with a sharp customer focus and passion for serving customer needs
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, adapt to changing environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines both independently and within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to identify opportunities for improved personal growth and operational service delivery through targeted L&D tools and programs
About The Training Associates:
Based in Westborough, MA, The Training Associates (TTA) is the industry recognized leader providing learning and development talent and training-related services to companies across industries. TTA, having been in business for over 20 years, has been voted # 1 for quality of service, a repeat winner of numerous industry awards, and a Top Workplace Winner.
Companies from around the world including most Fortune 500 companies, US government departments, US military branches, major consulting and training companies, as well as universities and colleges have relied on TTA for training-related services. TTA’s numerous awards reflect our commitment to help each client use training to increase productivity, reduce costs, and drive revenues. Learn more at www.thetrainingassociates.com